Office Furniture Takes On New Heights
There is no doubt about it. More and more companies are embracing what I call the “modular-employee” office culture, that is, the culture where employees work out of the office for part of their work week and only come back into the office when there is a need to work collaboratively. This culture evolution demands greater flexibility in office furniture.
While modular office furniture provides flexibility in how the units are set up in various types of office spaces, its flexibility ironically seems limited when faced with the “modular-employee” work-style. Hence, office furniture manufacturers have taken a more granular look at how the “modular-employee” works while in the office and have taken office furniture to new heights.
Introducing the adjustable height or sit-stand desk!
As the name suggests, the sit-stand desk is a desk fitted with hydraulic legs which can be raised when an employee wants to work standing up and lowered when an employee wants to work sitting down. The hydraulics are either electricity-powered or battery-powered. The desk tops themselves range from a simple table top in various geometric shapes to a traditional full-sized desk or workstation.
The sit stand desk is one piece of office furniture that offers many advantages.
- It is ergonomically friendly. Employees have the option of changing their position while they continue working. This reduces stress on their backs and legs, and promotes healthy blood circulation.
- It can be sized to fit in any workspace.
- It can be instantly mobile. Most sit-stand desks have wheels for easy mobility if one needs to move their desk from one location to another within the work day.
- They can be geometrically designed to fit with other similar desks to create an instant collaborative work area when needed.
- It can be easily height-adjusted by the push of a button.
Sit-stand desks are just one of the latest and greatest in office furniture offering increased flexibility for your employees.